Welcome to a new challenge. This month we would like to see bling! We have two guest designers for our first post, Christie Brisbane and Chris Warner. Here are their creations.
Hi, I am Christi. I was so excited and honored to be asked to be a guest designer by Cindy. When I received the email I couldn’t believe it. The below is my first work for a design team. I hope you enjoy it.
Papers: Cryogen White, Core’dinations Whitewash Barn Siding, Tim Holtz Distress Faded Blue jeans, Transparency
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Sanding Grip
- Making Memories Deluxe Paper Piercer
- Sizzix Big Kick
- Sizzix Die: Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers Mini Old Glory
- Spellbinders Grand Caliber
- Sizzix Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Alterations Americana Background
- Makins’ Clay Tool Set
- Stamps: Magnolia Liberty Tilda
- America the Eagle
- Tilda in Star Dress
- Coloring: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brown
- Spica 03 Red, Spica 06 Sky Blue
- Prisma Colored Pencils Blended with Gamsol:
- White, French Grey 10%, French Grey 50%, Cool Grey 10%,Cool Grey 20%, Warm Grey 20%, Cool Grey 30%, Cool Grey 50%, Sienna Brown, Chocolate, Oore Brulee, Yellowed Orange, Yellow Ochre, Sunburst Yellow, Goldenrod, Lemon Yellow, Scarlet Red, Crimson Red, Light Peach, Violet Blue, Copenhagen Blue, Electric Blue
- Martha Stewart Crafter’s Clay White Red Blue
- Martha Stewart Crafter’s Clay Silicone Molds Star
- Bling: Stickles Xmas Red, Stickles Silver, Stickles True Blue
- Kaiser Scrapbook Rhinestones Silver
- Adhesives: Glue Gun Pro with Perma Tac Refill
- Stix 2 Clear Foam Pads
- Stix 2 Clear Foam on a Roll
- Scrap Perfect Best Glue Ever
I love summer! My family purchased a little piece of heaven on a nearby lake when I was very little. I have spent every summer on the lake ever since. It has been time I have treasured. It has even inspired the name for my blog.
A long time tradition on the lake is approaching fast. Every Forth of July, the little town of Hammondsport puts on a firework display. The actual fireworks are not extraordinary, but there is something memorizing about watching each firework reflect off the water. The whole lake lights up. It is an event that is close to my heart.
I wanted to make a card to celebrate the Land (and Lake) that I love. The theme for this month's challenge is BLING!! That is right ladies! Get the sparkles and rhinestones out, it is time to Get OUR BLING ON!!
I used the Tilda Liberty Stamp. The firework stamp is also by Magnolia. The verse is by a small company called Heather.
The oval and scalloped matte (used glitter paper) was cut using Spellbinders. I used Copic Spica to trace over the lines on the firework stamp to add some sparkle to the background. I also put some Liquid Pearls on the oval around Tilda.
Copics used: available here
- Skin: E00, E000, E11 E01
- Hair:E25, E23, E37
- Flame: YR04, Y38, Y18
- Dress: BG49, BG13, BG15, BG13, BG11
Christine Warner O'Malley